If you are looking into getting a new pet but don’t want to go down the traditional route of a cat or dog, then why not consider getting something a bit unusual or exotic? There are a number of unusual pets for sale available on the net.
Whether you are an experienced owner or looking to get your first animal, an unusual pet can have lots to offer and a lot of them don’t require any more expertise than owning a more traditional pet. You don’t need to own a crocodile or tiger to have an unusual pet and there are so many animals available that are completely suitable to a family home and first time owners. Here is my list of the Top 5 Unusual Pets For Sale:
* Degu: The Degu is part of the rodent family and is native to Chile. They are usually about 7 inches long and look quite similar to a mouse. They are very sociable animals and can be very tame if handled from an early age. It is also advisable to keep them with other Degu due to their social nature.
* Sugar Gliders: Sugar Gliders are small and easy to look after. They have a cute but unusual appearance. They make great pets as they very sociable, entertaining and active. Again due to their nature you should ideally keep them in pairs or groups and they do require a great deal of interaction so would only be suitable if someone is at home most of the time.
* Chinchillas: A more common option is the Chinchilla. Handled from a young age they usually become very tame and bond very closely with their owners although in some cases they prefer not to be held or cuddled. Chinchillas are more than happy to be kept on their own and are nocturnal animals so they will always be most active at night. However they do require a consistent feeding routine and can become stressed by change.
* Lemmings: Lemmings make great little pets. They are very active and fun to watch going about their business. Similar to a hamster they require the minimum amount of cleaning out and care so are ideal pets for children. Most of the time they are more than happy to be handled and also like to be kept in small groups of 3 to 5.
* Ferrets: Ferrets are very intelligent animals and can be easily trained. They make excellent pets and have been domesticated for over 300 years. Ferrets are traditionally nocturnal animals but tend to change their routine and sleeping patterns to fit their owners schedule.
As you can see there are lots of options available if you are looking for more unusual pets for sale. As long as you do your research and pick an animal suitable to your home environment and schedule you will find it a hugely rewarding and entertaining experience.